Question
Posted by: Mum Marl | 2010/06/14

Tonsilitis

Good morning,
I am unsure what action I should follow, so your advise would be appreciated.
My daughter is 13 years old and has had tonsilitis in the past which was controlled with the use of antibiotics. She has had a few bouts of tonsilitis starting from mid March this year and each time has been on a course of antibiotics (Augmentin for 5 days). Each time she has completed the course the sore throat re-appears. Could this be her sinus/post nasal drip causing the sore throat or should we consider having her tonsils removed?

Kind regards
M

Hallo Mum Marl
We usually suggest that if a child gets more than 3-4 tonsillitis episodes in a year, to rather remove the tonsils. Please let her see an ENT specialist. A chronic sinusitis with PND can infect the tonsils. Try using Tonsilla or Tonsolyte preventatively in the meantime (homeopathic medication you'll find at pharmacy)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/14

Hallo Mum Marl