Question
Posted by: Tonsilitis | 2010/03/30

Tonsilitis

Hey Doc

I am a 26 year old males and have been suffering from Tonsilitis over the last year or two. I have prob had it 5 times over the last 1year and a bit. I also recently have been getting sick with flu more often although my diet is pretty healthy. Please advise? I have also today been having heart pain that are obvisoly not normal. Have used antibiotics once and the other times a Homeopath remedy. I hear that it is bad to use antibiotics all the time and if Tonsils act as a gate for germs how will this affect ones Immune sytem if they are removed??

Thanks.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Tonsillitis

Your tonsils are of no value after the age of four years, and one should consider having them removed. If they cause problems in an adult, this can make you very ill, and the "heart pain" should be investigated.
Please see your GP for an examination and a referral to an ENT surgeon to establish whether you have the correct indications for a tonsillectomy. You should discuss the pro's and con's in detail in order to make an informed decision.

1
Posted by: SAM | 2010/04/29

HEY BRO..... IVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T/SHIRT BABY TAKE IT OUT YES THAT RIGHT BRO .... I HARDLY GET FLUE....ITS BUT A SMALL OPERATION AND YOU GO HOME IF OK.......OPERATION IS CALLED A TONSILLECTOMY, DOCTOR WILL EXPLAIN IT TO U....WHOOPI IM FREE.......THANK TO DOCTORS......WORD UP

Reply to SAM