Question
Posted by: Tonsilitis | 2010/03/30

Tonsilitis

Hey Doc

I have had tonislitis many times over the last year - prob about 5 times or so. I have received 1 dose of antibiotics and the rest of the time I have used a Homeopath rememdy that works well. Please advise on the recomendations of having ur tonils removed? I at a 26 year old male and I also have been getting sick with flu more often these days although my diet is pretty healthy. If the tonsils act as a way to benefit the immune system what does this mean if one has them removed.

Thanks.

Hallo Tonsilitis
If you have more than 3-4 bouts of tonsillitis per year they are anyway doing more harm than good and you could have them removed. At your age, and after repeated infections, the operation may be a little bit more complicated due to scar tissue, so please see an ear nose and throat specialist for evaluation and recommendation.

2
Posted by: Tonsilitis | 2010/03/30

To add to that: Today I started having heart pains which I have never had. I read that Tonsilitis can affect ur heart. Should I consult a doc immediately and have them removed????

Reply to Tonsilitis
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/30

Hallo Tonsilitis

Reply to cyberdoc