Question
Posted by: Jax | 2009-07-13

Tonsil infection?

I have to see the throat nose and ear specialist again next week.

I stopped smoking 3 months ago going to fourth now, was worried because of n constant sore throat i might have throat cancer but my house doctor said im fine aswell as the throat nose and ear specialist.

Now i have this lump with a sore on it just behind my tongue, which is very painful when swallowing my tongue whitish colour my gums a bit infected and swollen cheeks. Dry mouth and throat when i awake in the middle of the night. A bit of a fever but not to much.

Could this be a tonsil infection?

Dear Jax
Yes it could be - try to get to your GP as soon as possible for antibiotics before it causes an abcess
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Jax | 2009-07-14

The Specialist did gave me antibiotics but did not work, does that indicate it must be removed now?

Reply to Jax
Posted by: Jax | 2009-07-14

Reply to Jax