Question
Posted by: Waterbabi | 2010-03-04

Toning

Hello.
I am a young female, 22, and am currently losing weight through a plan with a dietitian. My recommended weight for my height is 60kg, I am now at 68kg. I would like to know what exercises I need to do to help lose the weight and tone up a bit. I have biggish shoulders so wouldn''t wan to increase that at all. I am currently gyming and doing a lot of cardio (cycling, walking, rotex) and I also horse ride. Is this enough to tone?

For weight loss, cardio still seems best and that means doing regular exercise like you are already doing. You're on the right track and so I'd say you just need to keep it going.

You did say upfront that you're already losing weight, and so there's value is just sticking with it, for a few months yet and see how it goes.

What I'd focus on is getting fitter. If you are improving your fitness, then the rest will come as a consequence, so in your running and cycling and rotex, as long as you're able to go longer or faster, then you're on the right track!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-03-13

Reply to fitnessdoc