Posted by: nyenye | 2009-03-05

Hi my name is Nyembezi and I am 23 yrs wearing size 28.I am a latin american dancer Im not fat but I have pear shaped body.The thing is I have to have a certain look meaning I have to be toned to look more good in my out fits,so I hv started skipping rope and few toning workouts.I dont hav a very strict dieta yet but I limit on carbohydrates drink lemon water after every meal and I eat more fruitsbrown rice and more proteins.There thing is I also want a flat tummy but the process is slow for me I do sit ups and push ups but I have not seen any differents yet,so can u please send me different diets that can help and also exercises that can help tone up.My goal is to be well toned on the 21 of March because that will be my first dance competition for the year and I want to look hot please hep me.

Dear Nyenye
Toning the body and your muscles takes time and I don't know if 16 days will be enough time to achieve a svelte look. The skipping is excellent as it is an aerobic exercise that will use up a lot of energy and reduce your weight. You are more or less on the right track with your diet, but rather cut out fats (37 kJ per gram) than carbs (16 kJ per gram - quite a difference). The proteins you eat must also be low-fat (e.g. use fat-free milk and yoghurt or cottage cheese, very lean meat, plenty of fish, 4 eggs per week). You can check out the slimming diets on this Website (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight Loss') and ask Fitness Doc if there are any other exercises you need to do to firm up for the competition.
Good luck with the competition!