Question
Posted by: missy | 2008/07/17

tonic water ???

Hi Doc I was at the gym yesterday and I was complaining about the sttuborn stomach fat and some guy recommended TONIC WATER .He said I should drink 1 litre of tonic water every day .
MY QUESTION IS - Is it true that tonic water , excersize and a balanced diet will help me get rid of the stomach fat ??QUESTOIN 2 -I drink 1.5 of normal water per day , is it safe and healthy to replace that with tonic water ??pls help ,looking forward to have six pack for the first time in my 24 yrs of life .

Dear Missy
I really don't know why that guy recommended that you drink standard tonic water. This is a cold drink like any other sweetened cold drink and it contains about 170 kJ per 100 ml, so you would be increasing your energy intake by 1700 kJ a day if you drink a litre of tonic water instead of normal water. You are correct that drinking 2,5 litres of liquid (which can include water) a day, plus a balanced diet and exercise will make you lose weight all round. Ask your gym instructor for a special programme that targets the tummy (sit-ups, etc) and keep in mind that it takes TIME to build muscles and tighten tummies.
Hope you get that six pack!