Question
Posted by: FN | 2008/07/26

Tongue like protrusion through thevagina

I have this tongue like protrusion coming out of my vagina. I don' t see this any anatomy pictures. What is this? I am 37 now and this has been present for a long time. I am not sexually active and of late I have itching around the vagina and in the clitoris but no odour or smelly discharge. The ovulation discharge is more than the usual. No pain but irritating itching in the area and slightly in the thighs. But application of prickly heat powder helped in the thighs.
During menstruation on the 4th day I have a meaty substance discharged with severe stomach cramps. What is this too?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The tongue like protrusion is possibly a vaginal polyp. A gynaecologist will be able to easily remove this polyp. The itchyness can be due to a yeast infection and you can use Diflucan 150mg, as a once off dose. The meaty substance discharge is due to the polyp.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: FN | 2008/07/27

Thank You Dr for your prompt reply. You have eased a lot of anxiety in me.

Reply to FN