Posted by: frustrated | 2012-06-06

tongue lesion

A few weeks ago I had a tongue lesion on the tip of my tongue left side. I went to see my GP and he prescribed flagyl. The lesion cleared up.

Yesterday it came back. It is red in the middle surrounded by white. It" s in the same spot and I only have the one (not geographical tongue with multiple lesions) it burns and is a bit tender.

I''m in my late twenties and have never had mouth sores or lip sores (except the usual burning or biting your tongue or lip which this isn''t) I don''t smoke and haven''t had alcohol in a long time (pregnancy and now breastfeeding) my husband often gets sores on his lips but we''ve been married 5 years so I can''t see why I''d suddenly get it from him now only?

Should I go back to my GP or just wait it out? I have a newborn baby otherwise I would have time to waste to sit in a waiting room as it is I unfortunately don''t.

Thank you for any insights.

You will have to reconsult your doctor. It is possible that you have mouth ulceration due to infection, caused by physical stress of having a baby. You might need a second course of oral antibiotics. Please refer to the following link regarding mouth ulcers:

Posted by: Dr Anrich | 2012-06-06

Visit your dentist. You have a problem with the way your bottom teeth are aligned.

Reply to Dr Anrich