Posted by: Janine | 2009-11-28

Tongue burning

About 6 weeks ago I started with this burning sensation on my tongue and it only got worse.

I read up about it on the internet and am using the fllowing to for almost 2 weeks now:

Vit B Complex
Vit B 12 and folic acid
Iron tablets
Zinc tablets
Bio strath
I use Honey as an ointment
I put Lavender oil on at night (horrible)
I am not eating any hot and spicy foods

There has been now difference yet. Please could you help as I need this cured and am not sue what to do anymore. It all started when I had my tooth extracted.

Your help is needed.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Janine

You need to go back to your dentist who removed the tooth to make sure all is well from the dental point of view.
He/she may have to refer you to a peridontist to try an establish the cause of the burning sensation of the tongue. You need a diagnosis before you start taking medication as you do not know what you are treating.
You may also consult your GP or ENT for an examination and possible blood tests if indicated.