Question
Posted by: Patat | 2011/01/13

Tongue

I have a milky white coating on my tongue - all the time. Does not matter how many times a day I brush or clean my tongue. It''s all over the tongue but worse towards the back. I have heard this might be as a result of an infection, is this true? What over the counter medication can I use to make it disappear? I''m a 35 yr old female. Thanks for your time.

Hallo Patat
This can be due to Candida infection (yeast) not drinking enough water ( dehydration) or bacterial overgrowth. Candida usually causes a sore mouth and spots on the inside of the cheeks. Mycostatin helps for it. If it is dehydration or bacterial overgrowth, drinking more water, using a tongue scraper and rinsing with antibacterial mouthwash may help
dR Bets

2
Posted by: Patat | 2011/01/14

Dankie dankie...ek drink +-10-12 glase water per dag en gebruik ''n mondspoel, het ''n tong skraper en ek vlos en borsel + al die ander dinge 2 keer per dag. Ek het geen seertjies in my mond nie en my mond is ook nie seer nie...Ek het dit vandat ek baie klein is, maar dis deesdae erger.

Reply to Patat
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/13

Hallo Patat
dR Bets