Question
Posted by: Da Vinci | 2009/07/08

Tone nail

I have kicked my tone nail against the heal of my other foot and my nail lifted up 90 degrees. I just pushed it back and wrapped it up in band-aid. I clean it evey day in Savlon. Will the nail fixed itself to the nail bed or do i need to extract the whole nail? Will it grow out within time?Please advise!

Dear Da Vinci
OUCH! Let your doctor have a look - if the nail is almost wholly loose, extracting it may be the quickest way to stimulate new nail growth. Otherwise one can just cut off the loose front part. Keep it clean and if possible put antiseptic cream on the raw area to prevent infection.