Posted by: Jane | 2009-07-25

Hi expert. Could u pls tell me what exactly it is that a toner do why one would use it! Do u think its necessary? What benefits does it provide? Also, im looking for a product i can use for radiance in the evening? Any suggestions. Thank!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jane, thank you for the question.

I personally do not believe in skin toners mostly due to their alcohol content. Skin toners are indicated for cleaning the skin and reducing pores. Skin radiance can be achieved with the use of:
Topical products that contain alphahydroxy acids (long term use) such as NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream
Mesotherapy: injecting a high concentration of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and hyaluronic acid.
Glycolic acid peels