Question
Posted by: Laurie | 2012-01-23

Tolerating Acnetane well some days, horrible others

Hi, am on Acnetane and some days my eyes and lips don''t feel too bad - and then two days later it is so awful I almost feel I cannot go to work. Dry scratchy painful eyes, lips so dry food sticks to them (cos the top layer of skin is not there). I have been on this drug since Nov (with great results on the acne side) but can you advise on how to get thru the awful days?

I weigh 56/57kgs and my dosage is 80mg a day, hopefully I will stop taking it by end April. I do not want to lessen the dosage as it is working for my skin but what can I take to make life more bearable on those days I wake up and its like my body is fighting the drug? So far I take Dry Eye Caps, Flaxseed/Omega 3, 6, 9 capsules and artificial tears (Bausch and Lomb Moisture Drops). For the lips I use medicated lip balm ike Pure Lip Balm which worls for me. Apart from these measures is there anything additional l could do? Today my eyes are so bad I have inserted the Moisture Drops more than 10 times and have taken two dry eye caps when one a day is the dosage. Why are some days so much worse than others and is there anything I can do on these awful days? The eye pain especially, is close to unbearable. As I finish typing this last sentence I have to insert some more artifical tears, and I did so just 15 mins ago.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Laurie

There is not much more you can do - For your eyes you may however try Celluvisc which you may find more effective.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012-01-24

Hi Laurie

Reply to pharmacist