Posted by: Delene | 2009-08-17

Toilet for disabled people?

My son is blind and hasno sense of touch in his hands and feet. Going to the toilet poses enormous problems as he cannot " feel"  the paper in his hand and often lose it on his way to try and clean himself. The fact that he is dependant on others to assist him causes major feelings of inadequacy and he has developed constipation because of holding back. Isn' t there any toilets available that actually wash and dry the user? I see that there are models available overseas, but I cannot pick up any suppliers in SA. Any help?

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

I suggest that you install a bidet toilet. After passing a stool, a water spout will clean the anal area. Contact your nearest bathroom accessories store.