Posted by: Patricia | 2010-03-20

Toes get stuck

I posted this question for the Foot Expert but it seems he''s gone now :(

Sometimes my toes get stuck. It''s like a tendon gets out of its usual place, causing the respective toe to stick in the air. It''s as painful as a cramp and it can last for about the same time, so I don''t know if it could be a muscle on the top of my foot that when cramping pulls the toe, making it stiff.

I''ve had this since forever but it used to be my wrists or fingers, not my toes (although I''ve had foot cramps on the bottom of my feet all my life). Like if I streched or tried to mash potatoes with a fork for example or if I made a strong fist when wringing a cloth... things like that. But now it''s my toes and it happens out of the blue. What is this a sign of? Do I lack any specific nutrient or are there any foods that could help? Or exercises?

Thank you!

It is possible that inflammation of the tendon causes restricted movement in the sheeth surrounding the tendon. If you suspect muscle spasm, you can supplement your diet with Slow Mag tablets. This is available over the counter at pharmacies. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination.