Posted by: Diabetes 2 | 2008-11-19

Toes and legs pain

I am diabetes type 2.
I am taking: Diamicron, Metformin, Samvastatin, Mavik and Perucos.
Lately when walking my toes start burning. Is it just pains of oldage, or medicine I use? Or something else? My legs also start to pain. I then walk slower and shorter.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Diabetes 2

It could be you have a circulation complaint called intermittent claudication. This is when the blood supply to the muscles of the legs, partiularly the calfs, is not enough for the mscles to function properly. This results in cramping pains which will slow you down, even bring you to a stop for a while. I suggest you visit a vascular specialist for a thorough vascular assessment.