Posted by: Twinkle | 2011-01-29

I would really appreciate some advice, on ongoing big toenail infections (i think it''s infections). I always have a yellowish discoloured are in the front corner of my big toenail. Every time i cut my nails, i tend to try and cut most of this away, hoping a new nail will grow. But it does not seem to work. (I keep my toenails varnished so that one cannot see the discolouration). Is there anything i can try/use to solve this problem? Thank you.

It sounds like if you are suffering from ingrown toenails and the discolouration is most probably due to the fact that you keep your toenails varnished. Consult a doctor for treatment. If there is infection, you should use a course of antibiotics. Your doctor can also remove a small part of your toenail causing the chronic irritation of the skin and infection.

Posted by: Twinkle | 2011-01-30

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Reply to Twinkle