Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2010/01/12

Toenail Infection in Dog

My Jack Russel has got an infection of her toenail. It is red and swollen, but does not appear to be very painful. She still walks on the leg and plays around. She has been on a course of antibiotics and cortisone tablets and creams for the past 4 days.
There does not seem to be an improvement. When will I see the improvement? The tablet is Ceparex. The Vet said if it does not improve we would have to do an X Ray and a biopsy. Will this have to be done in theatre? Should I wait and see when she completes the course of antibiotics?

Dear Sanet

Give it at least two weeks before you decide to take another course of action.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/12

Dear Sanet

Reply to Cybervet