Question

Toenail fungus

What would you recommend to eradicate toenail fungus on my big toe. My doctor put me on a course of Sporonox which did not get rid of the problem totally, it is still there .

Expert ImagePharmacist

Fungal infections of the nail are difficult to treat and often require prolonged treatment. In some cases a special nail pain (i.e. Trosyd or Loceryl) is used, and in other cases oral medication such as your Sporanox or other antifungals are used. The nail paint are available OTC, but require a treatment duration of up to 12 months.
I'd suggest seeing your doctor RE another course of sporanox or a different reatmenr approach.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/10/29

Reply to pharmacist