Posted by: alice pickard | 2009-09-09

toe problems

hi there.i just need your opinion on the best and most effective way to remove corns on the top of my toes.iv stopped wearing the shoes that started the corns in the 1st place but i now find that all my shoes now hurt as a result of rubbing against the corns,they never used to hurt before the corns i just want to know if i need to get them removed by a doctor and if this is covered by medical aid,or if there is a home remedy thats effective i can try.thanx

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Alice

Corns are quite easily removed by a podiatrist, the procedure is painless and is covered by medical aid. Corns are formed by excess pressure and friction so if the shoes still rub on the toes the corns will come back. There is no home remedy that will effectively and safely rmove corns.