Question
Posted by: big T | 2009/11/18

toe pain

Hey,

I have had this toe pain for the last 4 days now. The pain is throbbing but painful around the nail area. It effects my big toe and the pain throbs so bad I have difficulty disinguishing from which toe it is coming. I cannot place any pressure on the toe. I had a similar occurrance about a month back. I went to see my GP and he said it was the starting of an ingrown nail. I got some antibiotics and anti inflammatories.

This time my toes were swollen and itchy but when scratched it pains. I went to the ER and they gave me sumthing for the pain thru a drip and gave me fucidin ointment and suggested I see a surgeon to have a wedge excision. When I saw the surgeon, he found nothing the matter with the big toe. Sent me to have my sugar tested though. Dont think its diabetes as I checked my levels at home and it was 6.9 after I ate.

It feels better now but I still want to know whats wrong that it came back 2 times already. Please help

Hallo Big T
Maybe you should have an x/ray of the toe, to exclude underlying joint inflammation and have your uric acid levels tested for gout. Both these conditions will cause swelling and may cause redness of the area. A pinched nerve at the ankle may cause needles and pins and a shooting pain into the toe.

2
Posted by: Jo | 2009/11/18

Cut the sides of your nail away as far as possible. Use sharpe nailcutter.

Reply to Jo
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/18

Hallo Big T

Reply to cyberdoc