Question
Posted by: Beverley | 2011-08-15

Toddler''s teeth

My niece is now 18 months old and has not developed any teeth yet. My sister-in-law took her to the (government) hospital and the doctor there said that the child will never have teeth and that they must bring her back when she is 4 so that they can get false teeth for her. Is this true? Is there anything else that can be done for the child before then?

Beverly

It is possible that she will not develop "milk teeth"and that she will develop permanent teeth after two years of age. I suggest that your sister-in-law consults a dentist to have x-rays taken to determine if there are "buds" present that will indicate if permanent teeth will develop.