Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2010/12/08

toddlers and visitation

hi my kids are 4 and 5 years old they vivsit their dad every 2nd weekend I would like them to spend some more time with their dad, so that they can have a healthy relationship with him. what do you suggest I don''t want to confuse them on where their house is and so on and want to keep them stable and in a routine

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would suggest that you and the father enter into a proper parenting plan setting out the care and contact arrangements to the children and gradually allow more contact as you go along.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrhamas and Gross
Bertus@familylaws.co.za
www.divorceattorney.co.za

6
Posted by: chantelle | 2010/12/09

thanks a mil....will start off with the milkshakes or so....... I just want what is best for our kids, most people when they get divorced they hate each other and is hurting a lot, yes i am hurting a lot inside just like everybody does but I can''t stand the idee where parents starts using the kids as bait to hurt one another at the end it is the kids who hurts more because adults can''t put their feelings aside for the sake of the kids...........

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: chantelle | 2010/12/09

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: chantelle | 2010/12/09

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: chantelle | 2010/12/09

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: Susan | 2010/12/08

What a lovely suggestion, something not heard everyday regarding visitation rights. Chantelle perhaps you should suggest he take the kids for a milkshake in the week or a movie on a Saturday morning when it is your turn to have them, kids look forward to these little luxuries. If your ex has a partner this might cause a misunderstanding if she is a caring person she might follow suite. Good Luck and remember you are doing the right thing.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/12/08

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrhamas and Gross
Bertus@familylaws.co.za
www.divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert