Question
Posted by: maidoo | 2008/07/22

toddlers

I have a 2 year old boy. He is a fussy eater and only eat 1 kind of
food . I have tried everything from playing with him and let him feed himself or him feeding his teddy bear. He was always a fussy eater from 4 months. please help. He has no allegies and he is a healthy child

Dear Maidoo
At the age of 2 years your son should be eating a well balanced and varied diet, not just one type of food (I wonder what that 1 kind of food is??). Perhaps you need to feed him small portions of all the food that you serve the rest of the family and put the plate in front of him. Say "We are all going to eat all our food today" and then let the family eat their food. If he does not eat the foods, ignore him because fussy eating can be a method of gaining the mother's attention. Proceed in the same way at each meal, until he realises that he is not going to get special attention at meal times, or special treats, and that 'big boys' sit and eat nicely with their family.
Holding thumbs for you and the lad