Question
Posted by: mtigs | 2011/01/11

toddler wakes up crying?

my step son is almost two end of Jan, he will fall asleep but wakes up screaming and crying and this will go on all night... what would be causing this... I raised him from birth as he real mother never wanted him, them me and his dad broke up when he was six months old and a older woman was looking after him, and she passed away within 9mth, in the time he almost drowned twice... he''''s been living with his daddy... he now is back with me, but it worries me... what could becausing it, is he dreaming that he is drowning or does he miss me or the woman that died? or can it be something else? Abuse ? please help

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This sounds like sleep terrors, which very commonly happens at this age, and really has no other importance. However, I would suggest that you get a paediatrician to check him out to make sure it is nothing else.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/01/12

Reply to Sleep expert