Question
Posted by: Rachael | 2012/01/13

Toddler spitting

My 2 year old daughter loves eating raw carrots, apples, grapes, raisins etc but she chews a bit and then spits them out. She''s been doing this from the beginning and I don''t know how to break the habit. She has also recently become very fussy about her main meals, refusing to eat vegetables or any " lumpy"  food. Do you have any advice for me?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Rachael,
This forum is actually for eating disorders, and your toddler is reflecting something that looks like food refusal, which is quite common at her age. I suggest that you approach a paediatric nutritionist of your paediatrition to address your daughter's nutritional needs and problematic behaviour. Don't panic, but you want to get your daughter back on track with a good relationship with food as soon as possible.
RegardS,
Graham

3
Posted by: Nietha | 2012/02/20

sarah d Its pbboarly hard if not impossible to take advice from people you don''t even know. Before you write us off, please talk to some people that you know and trust.

Reply to Nietha
Posted by: ME | 2012/01/27

Hi Rachel,u don''t hv 2 wrry i had a same problem with my little one she didn''t eat at all at least urs cn put something on the mouth.i ws so worried bt she was healthy nothing ws wrong with her.if she eats she use 2 eat custard only bt not all the times.

Reply to ME
Posted by: eating Disorders Expert | 2012/01/19

Hi Rachael,
RegardS,
Graham

Reply to eating Disorders Expert