Posted by: Candice | 2009-02-03

Toddler Issues

My toddler is 2 1/2 and is doing very well with potty training. My only issue is when she is reprimanded or doesn' t get her own way she just wets herself.

I know this is obviously something to do with her emotional state but not sure how to handle the situation?

Its a brilliant guerilla tactic, isn't it ? Explaining things to a kid of that age isn't easy, but one can try to explain that wetting herself leads to her having to help clean up the mess and change herself, and will DELAY her geting what she wanted, not pring it about.
What do otherparents here think ?

Posted by: T | 2009-02-03

Lol. A niece of mine, fully potty-trained, when not getting her way would SAY to her mother " I' m going to wet myself"  and did! I think it' s just her way of getting back at you and maybe it would help if you made her help clean up.

Reply to T