Posted by: Mon | 2009-07-31

Toddler has loo problems

Doc, please help.
My son turned 4 2 weeks ago and still makes poo on himself. It is never runny but he refuses and cries badly when you instruct or take him to the loo. I have opted to give him nappies when he wants to poo but the problem is that he does it when he is at creche too. Is it normal, psychological problem that I should worry about?

I suggest that you take your son to a psychologist to have him evaluated, as there might be a psychological reason for him not wanting to use the toilet.

I also recommend that you make an appointment with your GP, to have a physical examination done, to assess if there is a physical cause for his behaviour.