Question
Posted by: LOVING GRAN | 2008/06/11

TODDLER

I fetch my granddaughter every Friday after work and take her home on Sunday evening. It's my sons child but he and girlfriend split up and there is a lot of animosity. I love the little girl dearly and look after her financially etc. She will be 3 yrs old in September.

Is there reason to be concerned that beings taken away from her mother for the weekend could have a psychological affect on her. She seems happy while with us but when we take her home she doesn't want to know us.

If she's happy with you, there's no reason at all to suppose that spending time with such an obviously loving gran could do any harm at all. Indeed, she may be showing reluctance to go home, where it might be less happy and supportive

1
Posted by: T | 2008/06/11

a granny is a gift from heaven. my kids love their granny to bits, there cant possibly be any harm done! maybe when u take her home, she just wants to be with mom? kids are fickle. you are agreat granny, she is lucky to have you. not many grannies are like our grannies were, too busy with their own lives

Reply to T