Posted by: Martie | 2011-02-18

To worry or not to worry

Im a 30 year old healthy female, a few times now I get chest pains sometimes in the centre of my chest or sometimes in the left side of my chest, the pain is so bad that I cant walk up straight, I sometimes sweat during these pains. They come and go, I have woken up from these pains or sometimes I get them just by sitting down at a desk doing nothing. It feels as if a huge eliphant is sitting on my chest and the elephant has a knife and every few seconde it stabs me with the knife. I have been to a doctor who gave me phenergran but it does not help the phenergran only makes me sleep. I dont smoke or drink.

It is highly unlikely that you are experiencing angina pain but unfortunately, anything is possible and I therefore, suggest that you consult a cardiologist to exclude eschemic heart disease. This is a potentially life threatening condition and if excluded, your doctor can assist you in finding another cause for your symptoms, for instance severe gastric reflux.