Posted by: Busi Skhosana | 2009-05-25

To use or to stop taking trisequens tablets

I am 36 years old and was dignosed with pre-mature menopause at the age of 32. My gynae put me on HRT for 6 months in 2007 and told me that I should not take the tablets for an extended period since there is a high risk of having breasts cancer.

Last year I went to another gynae for a second opinion as I could not bear the symptoms related to menopause, e.g. hot flushes, moodiness and etc. She told me that I should take the tablets, same tablets, continuously and the risk of getting breasts cancer is very low as I am still under the age of 50.

I am still taking the tablets, but I always ask myself wether to carry on or to stop since I got two conflicting messages from the experts. My friend advised me to change these tablets and take something else which is less riskier than trisequens. She suggested that I take some contraceptive tablets which are used as alternatives to trisequens. I will appreciate your opinion in this regard as I am very confused of what to do as I have only two months supply of trisequens.

Premature menopause carries risks of other problems such as osteoporosis, and HRT protectes against this. Trisequens is a better option than the Pill. Ther eis an increased risk of breast cancer with HRT, but this is small. Your quality of life is also important. As long as you have regular check-ups, mammograms, etc, you should be okay.

I'm 42, I was diagnosed while I was 29 that I have a pre mature ovarian failure, early menopause... Now I'm taking the pills.. My feet are swollen and painful.. Please advise. Thanks

I am 44 years old...and I was diagnosed for premature ovarian failure two years after delivery my second son ( since the age of 30!!) I was asked by my gynecologist to start HRT...but I kept resisting that for a year which was the worst year of my life...harsh syptoms, lack of energy, hot flushes..and I almost lost relationship with my husband By taking several other opinions and travelling to France...a renowned gynecologist insisted that I have to start the medication prescribed initially to m in Egypt the Risks of not taking outweigh by far the minimal risk of taking the replacement( as I was under 50)..., it would not only impact my relashionship, my heart, my skin, my mood, my looks and everything I started Trisequens sincevI was 31( I am 44 now)... And I assure you it is the best thing that ever happenned to me Thank god, I am full of energy, desire and life Quality life is very important Take your check will never regret it P.S....Surprisingly....I also got a baby at the age of 41 ...while I was taking the medicine...and while I never thought I would be pregnant again...;)