Question
Posted by: ME | 2009/11/18

To stay or to leave

If I don' t go to his place, he won' t come to my place. We have been together for about 3 years. He got retrenched, I got a salary pay cut. He goes to see his family whenever he get the chance, but never to come and see me. Now lately, he stopped calling me, I supposed, he expects me to call him. He says he is broke, but he still provides for his family, mean while I am supposed to just know what to do when I get short of anything. I have decided, I will just let things be.....It feels as though I have no priority in his life. I have complained to him about it... nothing changes... maybe he wants to move on....Right now, it feels athough I should just stop caring because he doesn' t. He refuses counciling!<br><br>What to do next?

Can he afford to come to see you, or even to phone you ? Is it perhaps reasonable that he chooses to maintain his responsibilities towards his family as his first responsibility, before his relationship with you ? That doesn't mean you have NO priority in his life, just perhaps number 2.
Rather than complaining to him ( which is of course understandable as a response ) have you tried a calmer discussion of why this is troubling to you, and tried to udnerstand how he feels about this ? Is he indeed ready to give up on this relationship, or just unsure of how to handle it ?

1