Posted by: Pixie | 2009-07-13

To stay or not to stay?

I started IVF today with a specialist fertility doc (cause i had my tubes cut a while back). What I would like to know is, once I am preggies do I have to stay with that Gynae or an I go to one a little closer to home. Will the pregnancy be the same as a normal one or different? Thank you very much!

Dear Pixie

The pregnancies from IVF are not very different from those conceived under natural conditions. Also it would be entirely your choice as to where you would like to deliver and once you have pasted the 10 weeks stage the risks of pregnancy through IVF is exactly the same as under natural conceptions.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Pixie | 2009-07-16

Hi. I go to a Doc in Durban - going to cost R35 to R38 000.

Reply to Pixie
Posted by: gonna | 2009-07-13

Good luck with your IVF... you dont need to stay with the Gynae the pregnancy will be as normal pregnancy.....
sorry just need to know in whick area are? I had my IVF done in Durban but it did not work thinking of going again but need to look at the cost the doc in Durban going to charge me (R28 000)
I still dont know how they justify the cost we have spend almost R80 000, and still I am not pregnant. But I believe that it will happen I must just wait......

Reply to gonna