Question
Posted by: Nakita | 2008/09/09

To spay or not to spay

Hi, I have a 2.5 year old labrador. She' s never had puppies and I' m considering getting her spayed now. People tell me that she will calm down if I let her have 1 litter of puppies before I get her spayed. Is there any truth in this?

Dear Nakita

Different opinions are common regarding this. I think its better just to have her spayed. To have a litter of puppies just to try and calm your bitch down is not worth it.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/09

No question about it: spay her. Mandi' s spot on.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/09/09

Hi Nakita,

It' s a myth. Please have her spayed as soon as possible, as this dramatically decreases her chances of cancer. The only thing that will REALLY calm her down, is to take her for training classes.

Good luck on both counts!

Reply to Mandi