Question
Posted by: Shy me | 2010-10-29

to shy to ask

hi, i have a problem - that i am very embarresed about. I had a baby about 17 months ago for the 1st time but now lately i have a terrible smell at my vaginal area. I am to shy to ask the pharmacist for something and i am definitely not going to ask my gynea - so please help me. I am very clean - so its not that. its like a fishy smell and sometimes i have thick white stuff coming out. PLS help me. Thank you

What you're describing sounds very typical of vaginal candidiasis, which is a fungal infection of the vagina and it is also one of the commonest causes of discharges in females. It is nothing to be embarrassed about and it is also very easy to treat. There are tablets available for which you will need a script or even a pessary(tablet to be inserted vaginally). They both work very well. If you're looking for over the counter, you could ask for pharamacist for Canex V, or Gynaezol cream which you insert twice a day till it clears up. You should however consider seeing you family doctor for confirmation.

2
Posted by: grace | 2010-10-29

hello shy me

please dont be afraid to see the gynae i had the same problem foor months ago i had a baby girl i was diagnosed with candida in my pregnacy and even before that im a regular sufferer but after a couple of consultations fro my gynae it has cleared up. we even had to do pap smear and diabetes tests of which became negative.

Reply to grace
Posted by: Woman | 2010-10-29

Sweetie, sorry to tell you this, but you *have* to see your gyane about this. Not going, is a stupid thing to do. You should *never* mess with your health. You have a baby to think of! Anyway, your gynae did vaginal exams when you were pregnant &  sees at least 20 vayjay''s a day.

Reply to Woman