Posted by: Shelly | 2009-08-27

to remove the fat

Hi Dr
I am mid 40 the last 4 years have put on alot of weight around my waist and tummy. I do go to gym , but not a gym bunny. Had a hysterectomy this year but both ovaries still function. Had all the blood tests and everything is normal, sugar, chol, thyro horm, all ok. I eat 6 small meals a day but the flabby fat just sits. A Dr told me about a tablet that you need on prescription it breaks up the fat and works out the system, but is very expensive. Could you tell me more about this tablet. I am about 7kg over weight and don' t know how to get rid of this fat as the gym does not seem to help anymore, it did when I started but seems it just sits.For health reasons I need to get rid of this as I have a family history of sugar Type 1 and 2, both mom and dad.

Dear Shelly
I think he may be talking about Reductil but you will need a prescription for it. It basically absorbs all the fat that you eat and help you to basically eat a very low fat diet. Try following a low fat, higher protein, low carb diet with lots of low GI vegetables and 3 fruits a day.