Posted by: Ouch | 2009-02-05

To Nika. Re: Break up

Hi Nika

I am also currently going through a nasty break up and I am not taking it too well. However, I can tell you what I have done to try to get over it (so far).

1. I went to see my GP and asked to be prescribed sleeping tablets and something to help my nerves. I have done this before and it really, really helped me out. I' m not saying.. drink your tablet at 7 am and go to bed to avoid being alone, but I have not been sleeping at all! Furthermore, I have developed gastritis as a result of the stress of the break up, so I need to take medication anyway for it.

2. I booked an appointment with a therapist. Usually, I don' t do therapy (I waste my own time and money in therapy), but I just need to get things off my chest. My appointment is only next week though!

3. I have been accepting every invitation from anyone that wants to see me, hang out with me, go for coffee, movie, etc. Urmm, I' m lying.. all women or gay guys. I don' t want to be in the company of men right now. I have not been sitting at home (I haven' t had time!)

4. I have decided to volunteer and am starting on saturday. I need to put my ordeal into perspective and I think volunteering at the children' s home will help with that.

Good luck, Nika. I really know exactly how you feel!

Hope it works out

Posted by: Nika | 2009-02-06

Dear Ouch

Thanks for your advice, amazingly enough that is what i did the first time we broke up, I just went crazy!! lol Went out enjoyed myself just with my brother and friends. It was such a huge help BUT now I just don' t want to do anything!! except forget and move on. But something is keeping me behind!!!

How about we chat on email if you want its sometimes better to speak to someone who knows and understands what you going through. Our own support group, lol. If you want email me at Hope to hear from you soon!

Reply to Nika