Question
Posted by: Deon de Vos | 2012-11-04

To much sleep

My husband sleep about 20 hours per day. He has been to a doctor was diagnosed with slight depression and was put on venlor 150mg and Azor. He allso have very high blood pressure which he is taking medication for, but I think the fact that he is sleeping so much is becoming a problem now, What should he do and could you perhaps suggest a docter he can go and consult who will be able to assist him to have a normal life again. He allso stopped working in Feb this year and since then does not show any interest in any daily activities, though I have tried several things to get him interested in, but all he wants to do is sleep.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Although depression can do this, it is more usual for a sleep disorder to cause this kind of problem. If there is a sleep disorder present, it may also be worsening his depression.

He needs to be referred to a sleep doctor, who will run some tests. If he does, in fact, have a sleep disorder, the chances are very good that it can be fully controlled. So it is very important that you follow this up with the right sort of doctor.

1
Posted by: nkoala gift | 2013-02-15

i have a problem of waking up in the morning to go to school, and i am alwys late... what can i do?

Reply to nkoala gift