Question
Posted by: tyra | 2008/09/21

to much exersice

hey diet doc

i was just wondering... i like to exersice and i previously hurt my tenden in my leg running with new shoes.. so i now walk, i like to walk around 15km a day, is that to much? i also sometimes do 20min of arobics. im trying to lose a lil bit of weight. im 164cm and 56kg and i would like to be around 52kg.

also is it strange to be on a balanced diet but eating less then your body burns and not lossing weight for like 2 weeks then just one day your like 2kg lighter?

Dear Tyra
I don't know why you would want to lose any more weight??? Your present BMI of 20.8 is already below the ideal for your height and if you reduce to 52 kg with a BMI of 19,3 then you will be bordering on underweight. If you are a serious athlete then walking or running every day would be normal, but then you would also eat a high-energy diet which does not seem to be the case. Please be careful that you don't fall into the trap of anorexia - excessive exercise and a drive to lose weight when you are already thin are symptoms of this eating disorder. I would not recommend that you lose more weight and it would be wise to eat a high-carb diet to fuel all this exercise you are doing.
Take care

1
Posted by: jj | 2008/09/22

you might be developing an eating disorder or a a exercise addictions how do you find time to do so much exercise i think you should maybe find another past time

Reply to jj