Question
Posted by: LL2 | 2008/08/11

To mommy - re Is it okey? 9/8/08

I' m sorry to hear about the loss of your precious baby. I too have suffered a great loss and like you I didnt know what birthdays etc would bring. My baby died in February this year - his birthday was in May. I didnt know how the day would turn out. I was very sad and emotional for most of the morning and after receiving many phone calls and sms' s from loved ones, I started feeling a little more upbeat. Only someone in a similar situation could try to understand how another is feeling and it is tough I' m sure you will agree. All I want to say to you is - dont worry about other people. You need to look after yourself and deal with things no matter which way you need to do it in. It doesnt matter if you are very emotional or not at all - as long as you deal with your emotions as best you can that is all that will help. Other people dont know how to handle the situation as losing a little member of family is hard on mostly everyone. All the best to you and your family - they say only time will heal - you and I will still have to walk that road.

Both of you, also consider checking if there is a reachable branch of an organization callwed the Compassionate Friends, a mutual support group of people who have lost a child ( at whatever age ).