Question
Posted by: anon | 2009/03/13

to mate : I think south africans are

very confrontational, very aggressive, very loud hence the reason we have so much road rage, fighting in clubs/pubs, at sports games etc

have you ever had the opportunity to see the fathers at a childrens rugby game????

By the way I am south african, born and bred, Live in SA but this is something I am " obsessed"  about at the moment - Why are us SA so aggressive

If you watch American TV pranks, the victim' s first reaction is always laughter - here?? how many times has Leon Schuster had to ward off abusive behaviour or a " klap'  when doing a prank

,,,,,

5
Posted by: anon | 2009/03/13

agree with you mate - i read the other day that the only other countries that would have similar rape statistics to SA are countries at war

Reply to anon
Posted by: mate | 2009/03/13

good point, other nations have had there share of oppression and violent pasts, but they dont have the level of violence in south africa.....

the most sad thing is the dehumisation of one and other, the fact that murder etc is so commonly accepted here because theres so much of it... south africans are totally desensitized to the bloodshed, its just a normal every day thing.

Reply to mate
Posted by: anon | 2009/03/13

I suppose that is possible as every nation in this country has been oppressed at some time or other but other countries have also been through violent pasts and oppressions.

I think that our society of intolerance has a lot to do with it... women at the shops get impatient if they have to wait in queue, men want to fight in the traffic if someone cuts in front of them, people are prepared to have a fist fight over their favourite rugby team, the list is endless

Reply to anon
Posted by: Not so proudly South African | 2009/03/13

I totally agree with you. I' m an english south african and well I find the afrikaans bunch psycho sometimes and extremely jealous, always want to bliksem someone if a guy just greets their girlfriend. I will never have another afrikaans boyfriend in my life ever again. I have many that are friends and they mean the world to me but you don' t ever want to become their " property" .

I once stalled my car a speed hump once my word I got hooted at like MAD. I was so cross. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO it would just take me a few seconds to get my car started again and I did signal with my hand to apoligise. FOR -|- ' S SAKES GET A GRIP. Your faces are horrible when you get all mad. It' s not just Afrikaans but really South Africans are terribly rude sometimes.

Reply to Not so proudly South African
Posted by: mate | 2009/03/13

south africa has a very controlled conditioned violet past, i beleive many south africas have been at the least midly brainwashed by the old regime, and even more by the new regime.

the interesting thing is you can be highly aggressive and very violent and still not like confrontation - violence is the least emotionally/mentally mature approach in handling any form of confrontation.

what i do know is that the amount of harm done and allowed by south africans to south africans must end now, its enough.

Reply to mate