Question
Posted by: Janeman | 2009-08-27

To keep or to take new love with both hands

I need some advice. I am 34 years old, been in a couple of relationships. All of them long. Was in one for 9 years, and then I found out that she is/was an impulsive lier. She lied to make herself look better. So we broke up. Down the line, met someone and was tossed aside later, because she wanted to have fun. Think I build a wall round me. Had some relationships, not to serious. Then I met someone, I am not sure if it was for lust or love, or just to have someone.

Anyway we have been together for 4 yrs now. If I look at how I was in previous relationships, then I know I do not treat her the same, I am not as loving as I was. She wants to get married, I shiver whens she brings it up. I don' t think she completes me as a person. And she doesn' t connect with my sprit on the same level.

I met someone else....just friends. But I connect with her, I feel that loving side of me comming out, that have been dormant for a couple of years now. She feels the same way. She feels in her heart what I feel. She has a bf of 2 years...and will leave him in an instant. It' s like we were destend... The pitty is life aint no fairy tale.

Now I have this mixed feelings, I want to be with her, but don' t want to make the mistake.... Help........

So, you've had some unfortunate experiences within relatonships, and grew defensively cautious, perhaps too cautious. Why not consider some sesions of relaionship counselling with your present partner, so at least you can each understand twhats goig on, rather better ?

3
Posted by: BI | 2009-08-31

You live once. Live well, you deserve to be happy. Allow yourself to be happy, and there' s no guarantee of only happiness and happy endings but hey, it' s worth the ride to experience happiness at all!

Reply to BI
Posted by: d | 2009-08-28

Why don' t u connect with your gf of 4 years? So what has been happening?

Reply to d
Posted by: Been there done that | 2009-08-27

Follow your heart and take the leap. You can' t explain when someone is right for you. You just know. Don' t waste your time in a relationship that you are doubting.GOOD LUCK!

Reply to Been there done that