Question
Posted by: jenna 2 | 2013-02-13

to JR

I added what went on the the posting I wrote number 44, Any advise would greatly apprreciated. Thank you so much

1
Posted by: JR | 2013-02-14

Hi Jenna

I read the rest of your posts. Wow, how terribly sad and heartsore. I am really sorry that you and your daughter had to go through this.

It sounds to me that your sons''s wife has him by the short and curlies.I understand that we don''t want to grow old alone, but, at what price? Unfortunately the only person that can change this and get out of her clutches is going to be your son himself. Anything you say or try and do will just be seen as further manipulation, and she will just further manipulate and control him into pushing you even further away.

I know it''s hard, but you need to distance yourself from him. I know I said something else yesterday, but that was before I knew what his wife was like, and what he did. This does not mean you stop loving him, you just put space between you. Change the strategy. Hopefully this will make him think.

This is going to sound hard, but, what I would do is withdraw now. Continue to sms him for his birthday and christmas etc, but nothing more. Stop communicating with him otherwise. He has made his bed and chosen where his loyalty lies. He has to lie in it. He has to realise himself (sound as though he has already if he is secretly making contact with his dad) that she is bad for him. Sounds like he needs to grow a pair, man up and and ask her very politely (or not) to get the hell out of his life. Unfortunately, as I said, he is the only one that can do that.

As unfortunate and heartbreaking as it is, what''s done. He sold your stuff and your daughters, and you need to make peace with and accept that.

See this a little like the parable of the Prodigal Son, where the child wanted his inheritance from the dad, got it and then went and squanedred it. When there was nothing left, he was forced to return home with his tail between his legs. He was welcomed back by his father with open arms. Continue praying that your son will see the light, that the Lord will soften his heart and that He will reunite your family again. More than that, I cant see anything that you CAN do.

If he contacts you, you always be loving and happy to hear from him, and welcome him, never push him away, but let him make the contact. Pray for it. I know it''s hard.

I wish you all the best, and I will pray too that your family is reunited in love.

Reply to JR