Question
Posted by: GS | 2009/05/21

To have or not to have

Dear CS,

I have heard many times that pets can be good company when one lives alone. Do you agree with this? I am thinking of getting a cat - the problem is that the poor cat would be alone all day as I work full time. I live in a complex so I would only be able to have one cat. Don' t know if I should go this route just because I feel lonely at home.

Thanks.

Absolutely right, and there is actual scientific evidence that having a pet improves our mental and even physical health. Other studies have shown that stroking and playing with a pet lowers Blood Pressure.
Its great to have someone so pleased to see you when you get home again ! Think of contacting a community group like CLAW which helps kittens and puppies which have been abandoned or are strays in the townships. They check them up, make sure they're healthy, and then find new homes for them. That way, you'd be doing something important for the cat as well as for yourself.
Cats can be very friendly, but also seem quite content to spend time alone at home. They have the enviable ability to be immediately switched on whenever something interesting is happening, and to just dose off when nothing's happening.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

Forget the partner, done that, have had enough of being used and abused thank you!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

Cats are ideal and they dont mind being alone. Dogs needs the attention all day,

Get a kitty and enjoy it. They good for you.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

forget the cat, get a sexual partner...if you work full time you can afford it.....beats the hell out of a cat, now doesnt it?