Question
Posted by: Rose | 2011/05/06

to have a historectumy or not

I''''m a 33 year old who have had four kids. I am not on any birth control as my husband had a vasectomy, but i suffer from painful and heavy periods. What is the risk of having a historectumy done at my age or is there a other alternative? Birth control has to many side effects for me so i will not go that route to regulate my period.

Rose

Rose

I suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an examination, to rule out pathology that might be the cause of your heavy menstrual bleeding. He/she will also be able to provide you with informed advice regarding a historectomy.