Posted by: Inspired by you  H | 2009-01-29

You gave such an inspirational reply on her posting... there should be more people like you in this world!!!

Any advice for me? Feeling very blue my LB is 3yrs old and he is really a handfull. Since birth dad gave his way all the time, now that he is older I have my hands full with son and hubby. Im sooo tired. Waiting for an opening at Famsa.

Posted by: H | 2009-01-30

Thank you so much - you' ve really made my day

I think in any situation, you just need to look at one moment at a time, and every second you make it through you should see it as a victory, because before that minute you thought you couldn' t do it and after that minute you did! I went thru an extremely hard time about 3 years ago, my ex cheated on me, a few months before we were going to get married, I found out I was pregnant and miscarried at 6 weeks as it was a blighted ovum and I went to therapy - taking one second at a time is what worked for me, and also every day I would take a minute, in the traffic or on the loo (I know it sounds funny but sometimes we get so busy that we can' t spare a minute) and count 10 things that I was thankful for - my health, the fact that I had a job when millions of south africans dont - things like that and I started to appreciate life and myself more... I also try not to get upset about things I can' t change and focus all my enery on things I can

I can totally understand how tired you must be with a 3 year old, a friend of mine has a 3 year old daughter and they spend a few hours with me and i' m dead! Maybe chat to hubby and see if he can' t help a little, maybe he doesn' t know how tired you are?

You need to love and look after yourself before you can be a good mommy.

Maybe an idea with you boy is to make a clock on the weekend with a paper plate and big hands and then get another clock put it on the wall and say to him in the morning when this hand and this hand are at this place and this place then you can come and wake up mommy - you could maybe make it for 8 or 9 o clock and then have a bit of a sleep in ? Try make it into a game and then " reward"  him and tell him how clever he is and tell everyone when he is around what a big and clever little man he is. It might not be a huge solution but I know that the luxury of sleeping in disappears as soon as the little one' s appear :)

Hang in there and I really hope that things start looking up for you

Reply to H