Posted by: Daisy | 2009-08-05

To Dog &  Cat Owners

Please advise on how I should introduce the puppy we are adopting to our kitten?

Dear Daisy

The kitten will sort himout. Always remember that if you introduce them that the cat should have an escape route.

Posted by: steph | 2009-08-05

I had a cat for about 5 years and then introduced my little daxie puppy to her, and to be frank my daxie was a little bugger, super naughty when he was a baby.

But Layla, the cat soon sorted him out and she was the " pack leader"  in the house. I just let the puppy into the house and kept him in one room at a time before giving him free run of the house. I let the cat have her usual routine and the dog was supervised. It took about 3 days at most before they were sleeping snuggled up together at night in the same bed.

Good luck !

Reply to steph