Question
Posted by: Broke-back Camel | 2012/07/25

To Cybershrink - Chinks of light

Dear Cybershrink

This is a thank you. Sometimes when I read this forum I feel so sad and wish I could change the world, other times I think that you do not get me (and some of the readers). Well after much back and forth I have made progress baby steps:
I am going to be going for counselling to cover 43 years of trauma at a state hospital, never to late to start and process.
Will also see a Psychiatrist to look at my meds and drug interaction problems (allergies).
I am actively looking for a place for my mom to stay (affordable so I also have a life) and she agrees it would be better for our relationship and that only the co-habitation is changing and that we may regain the very close and rewarding relationship we did have. I made it clear that she has to work at being happy and I will be there as supportive and loving family.
Work - well it was the hair that broke the camel''s back and I joined the union which gave them a big fright. They asked me how they can rectify the situation and so I had my say and we are negotiating.
I am also having a colonoscopy and a gatroscopy soon to see why I have such low iron levels, low B12 and low folic acid which apparently has a very substantial effect on mood.

And really thank you to the readers that respond and help.
I have to say that my situation felt so dire and hopeless I truly felt I would rather kill myself than struggle further.

But, I finally took that brave step to change things and it is not easy or just like that.

But I hope in some way that my little story here gives someone else the courage to at least try to change things no matter how dire they are.

I submit this with best wishes to all the people that read this forum and respond with sincerity to try and help.

And thank you Cybershrink for being so honest and sometimes gently brutal.

The hopeful Camel

Dear BbC, hopeful camel,
thanks for the feedback. Sometimes, I think, I "get" people more than they think I got ! Delighted to hear of your realistic and useful progress. Sudden total transformations often reverse themselves, but this sort of progress usually gets somewhere.
It was indeed a brave step you took. Well done.
You richly deserve all the progress you're making ; do keep us in the picture as it continues.

1

Dear BbC, hopeful camel,