Question
Posted by: Helene | 2011/11/01

To Cybershrink

Was not knocking you I think you dispense very good advice actually. Sorry if it sounded like that.

Who do you contact and how does one go about to bring about a law that is enforced ie.. Bill in Parliament.

1.To FORCE all biological children to contribute to the upkeep of their parents with immediate effect? Not interested in lawyers so do not refer me there.
2.To make it a condition of marriage (and vows) that every husband promises to make provision for his wife should he die?How come woman happily get married and become destitute?

Of course you werent, Helene, and I didnt take it as knocking. But I thought it worth clarifying what was being said.
Involving lawyers in such a useful crusade would be very valuable indeed - for the lawyers ! I wonder whether the right forum to get this discussed would be something like the Human Rights Commission ? Because these issues affect your human rights, and those of many others, as well as the spouse who is not provided for.
Maybe some political parties, or groups like Solidarity, might also be persuaded to become interested.
You could say the values you wish to promote so sensibly are already in most versions of the marriage vows, but ignored - maybe it needs to specify "to love and cherish EVEN AFTER death do us part" ?

2
Posted by: In the know | 2011/11/04

The Maintenance act already exists that forces bio kids to maintain parents in need.
You only have to consult a lawyer - most lawyers give the first hour free - so stop being anti lawyers and make an appointment..........

Reply to In the know